Resources + Ethics
RESEARCH ETHICS GUIDANCE FOR PRACTICE RESEARCH
- [note that the ethics links may not work offsite without Remote Desktop]
- General guidance for AHC ethics applications - https://ris.leeds.ac.uk/research-ethics-and-integrity/faculty-specific-information/ahc-faculty-research-ethics-committee/
PRACTICE RESEARCH RESOURCES
- Research England reports on practice research by James Bulley & Özden Şahin
- Stone, S, Redhead, L. and Long, T. (2017) An annotated bibliography and webography of sources related to practice research. Canterbury: Centre for Practice Based Research in the Arts. (Unpublished)
- Visioning the Future’ – Artistic Doctorate in Ireland (2020). Excellent talks and discussions from this seminar series, all archived here.
- PRAG-UK is the Practice Research Advisory Group. A cross-disciplinary HE initiative to increase the visibility and accessibility of UK Practice Research and its impact, and to make this research more searchable internationally. There’s an excellent series of curated blogs as well.
- [MOOC] ‘Artistic Research in Music – an Introduction’, a MOOC curated by the Orpheus Institute. See here.
- Advancing Supervision for Artistic Research Doctorates – European project for supervisors/students across artistic disciplines. Includes excellent toolkits and support.
- SAR (Society for Artistic Research)
- Research Catalogue. Online database and host of Artistic Research for JAR (Journal of Artistic Research), and others.